Thursday, August 18, 2011

Shop at Shopo


Oooh new online design store in town and one that looks extermly promising , so naturally I had to check it out and share my thoughts on it. Well this babe is called Shopo  and “it’s a marketplace for everything with an Indian heart” .

Starting with the basics, the faces behind Shopo are Krithika Nelson and Theyagarajan S and hundreds of craftsmen and artisans. The unique thing about shopo is it’s like a set of multiple store with each having separate rules and the product ranges from jewelry to books and home accessories and wallets and home furnishing.

Now about my experience on this site, what I really liked was the home page, its so bright and inviting and every thing is laid out so well. The category listing is exhaustive, so you can get to what you want real quick (separate category for Skirt , Pjyama for kids , Belt etc ) and also by the design brands( chumbak, Kya cheez hai etc)

Eco Friendly Paper Bag for Rs. 30 - I like when things costs less than my morning coffee (yeah, i m kinda cheap that way) and it does hurt when it is so beautiful and also good to nature


Since I am on a look out for nice lampshades I checked that out first I got 7 options , not a lot but could do with it good part price is listed right on top again makes it easy to decide.
Next up Cushion covers coz you never can have enough of those right ?? And this is where the range is impressive and almost in all price points ( I definitely like this).when you click on the thing you want to buy it takes you to the page with all the details like Size specs ,  type of material , who is the seller and how long it would take to deliver etc and even recommends something similar if you want to have a look. Important point the shipping charges are over and above the cost. Since I didn’t actually buy anything from the site as yet not sure whether they deliver outside india or not ..guess you’lll have to check that out yourselves. 

this is how you use your old records, convert them in piece of art and utility all for RS. 450

And yes, before I wrap up , the site has a “Sell” segment as well, in case you own a product line or would like to own one , you could tie up with Shopo , some details are listed on the site and rest I guess you need to contact them.  




Very colorful and very interestin bag for Rs. 380

(All image courtsey Shopo Website)


All in all very happy with what I saw, look of site is inviting, collection is impressive and seemed easy to navigate ..def high on my recommendation list. Do check out the site here and also you could check out their FB page or follow on twitter for more updates











1 comment:

  1. Hey Shilpi.. Thanks a ton for the write up! What a way to start our mornings :) Glad you liked shopo.in :) We still dont ship outside India but we should be getting there very very soon :)

    Keep Shopoing and keep telling us what you think :)

    ReplyDelete